A joyous return to the physique of youth
No one can deny that giving birth is one of the most miraculous and rewarding experiences a woman can have. Yet the toll that pregnancy takes on the body and the appearance can leave some moms feeling less than desirable and longing for the contours of more youthful days.
Dr. Gabriel is passionate about providing his clients with the means to look and feel their ultimate best in the most natural, customized way possible.
With the mommy makeover procedure in Portland, Dr. Gabriel is able to restore a slim, toned physique as well as a perkier, sexier breast profile.
Before and After
Advantages of the mommy makeover in Portland include:
- Boost in self-confidence
- Renewed sense of personal attractiveness
- Trim, toned torso
- A more youthful breast profile
- Reduction in wrinkles and fine lines
- Restoration of abdominal six-pack
- Restoration of lost fat volume
- Swift, manageable recovery
- A better fit in swimwear, eveningwear and everyday clothing
- Option to customize the treatment
Who makes a good candidate for the mommy makeover?
Mothers who have noticed unwanted changes in their body after having children might wonder whether a mommy makeover is right for them. While the rewards of having children are wonderful, the impact pregnancy and childbirth can have on the body can be quite significant, affecting not only the breasts and abdomen but other areas as well.
Candidates for a mommy makeover are women who have noticed deflated, sagging breasts, stubborn pockets of fat, weakened abdominal muscles, stretch marks, cellulite, loose skin or other concerns after becoming a mother. Candidates for a mommy makeover want help to return their body to its pre-baby appearance.
You may be a good candidate for this procedure if you meet the following qualifications:
- You are at or close to your ideal weight. A mommy makeover can trim, sculpt and tone your body, but it is not designed to be a weight loss procedure.
- You are a nonsmoker in good health. Smoking or other health concerns can cause complications or make the procedure unsafe.
- You are done having children, Another pregnancy and childbirth could affect the benefits of the procedure and require further procedures.
- You gave birth six months or more ago. It’s important that your body has time to heal after your pregnancy and childbirth. The healing process is important so that you’re strong enough to have the procedure and recover well.
- You are no longer breastfeeding and have not been breastfeeding for at least six months. Nursing changes the shape and size of breasts. They need time to settle back into their size and shape, which is often different, after the changes of pregnancy and breastfeeding
- You had a C-section. A C-section often leaves a significant surgical scar on the abdomen. During your mommy makeover, your scar can be revised.
- You are experiencing unwanted changes from pregnancy and childbirth, such as sagging breasts, loss of breast volume, vaginal changes, stretch marks or scarring, loose skin, cellulite and stubborn fat pockets in the abdomen, hips, thighs and other areas.
The best way to know for sure if you’re an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gabriel. He will give you a physical exam, review your medical history and discuss your concerns and goals. From there, he will be able to advise you on whether you’re a candidate for this procedure.
How to Prepare For a Mommy Makeover
Before your mommy makeover, you will have a medical evaluation to ensure you’re in good health. You will be asked to stop smoking or taking any medications or supplements that could thin your blood, but be sure to discuss any changes in taking medications with a primary caregiver.
Get plenty of groceries and supplies, and fill any prescriptions ahead of time to have at home after the procedure so that you don’t have to worry about going out while you’re resting..
Arrange for someone to drive you home and help care for you, including watching your children. You will need time to rest and recuperate, and you will not be able to lift or carry your children while you’re recovering.
Mommy makeover treatments may include…
An abdominoplasty is absolutely essential for restoring a fit, slim belly after pregnancy. After childbirth, the six-pack muscles will not respond to dieting and exercise and only a surgical intervention can restore a flat, toned stomach.
Dr. Gabriel can perform breast augmentation to restore lost breast volume, along with a breast lift to help elevate the breasts to a perkier, more youthful angle and projection. Dr. Gabriel performs nipple-sparing surgery to ensure that the breasts maintain their sensitivity and ability to breastfeed.
Liposuction is ideal for sculpting the lower body, as well as the arms, back and neck. It helps to tone the thighs, buttocks, hips, waist and stomach, and is well paired with any other body sculpting procedure.
Dr. Gabriel can design a personalized skincare regimen for resolving unwanted wrinkles, fine lines, creases, folds and furrows, as well as crow’s feet, undereye bags and puffy eyes. We offer the full line of injectables and dermal fillers, including BOTOX, Sculptra, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Belotero, Xeomin and Kybella.
During pregnancy, the vaginal walls can become stretched out, causing discomfort, chaffing and sometimes a loss of sexual enjoyment. Labiaplasty can restore both the appearance and the function of the labia, tightening the area and giving the patient a refreshed sense of confidence.
What can I expect from my recovery?
Recovery will be different for each client, as the mommy makeover procedure is personalized to your goals and wishes. It may involve only a few choice treatments or an entire roster of cosmetic solutions for contouring the body from head to toe. As one can expect, the more treatments you undergo, the longer your recovery time will be.
Clients who have undergone breast surgery or abdominoplasty will typically need about six weeks before they can return to strenuous exercise or heavy lifting. However, many return sooner than that to work, provided their job is not physically demanding.
MOMMY MAKEOVER RECOVERY TIMELINE
- The first 24 hours – After your mommy makeover, you’ll need a friend or family member to drive you home and stay with you temporarily to help with basic chores and childcare. You will receive prescriptions for pain medications and antibiotics, along with compression garments, which are worn to minimize postoperative swelling and keep your new, improved contours intact. You will need to sleep on your back or side at night with your head elevated. Some patients choose to sleep in a recliner.
- The first week – After about 7 days you can start taking NSAIDs (Motrin or Advil) rather than prescription painkillers. Once you are no longer taking narcotic pain medications, you can resume driving. You can also resume light activities around the house, but you should not lift anything heavier than 5 pounds for at least 6 weeks. Sutures will be removed after one week.
- Weeks 2 and 3 – Swelling, bruising and soreness will all be present for several weeks following your surgery. You will need to continue to wear your compression garments and avoid swimming for about 3 weeks to minimize the risk of infection. You will attend a follow up visit with the doctor to make sure your recovery is progressing smoothly.
- 6 weeks post-op – After 6 weeks, you can start returning to your normal activities, including exercise. Swelling should have substantially decreased, and you will be enjoying the beautiful benefits of your surgery.
What is the Cost of a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover procedure is customized to suit the unique needs and requirements of each woman, and the range of procedures and treatments required can vary widely. The cost for your mommy makeover will depend on which procedures you choose to resolve your concerns and to achieve the appearance you envision for yourself. After your consultation with Dr. Gabriel, he will design a surgical plan that is individualized specifically for you. Your cost will be based on the details of his exact surgical plan.
[Click to View]Gallery
Before and After GalleryView All
What’s my next step?
If you are in the Vancouver, WA or Portland area and are looking for a restorative and transformative mommy makeover procedure, look no further than Dr. Gabriel. He is a highly intuitive, skilled and compassionate plastic surgeon who is dedicated to exceeding your expectations for well being and natural beauty.
During your initial confidential consultation, Dr. Gabriel will perform a physical exam, go over your medical and cosmetic records, and answer all your questions in detail, including those regarding financing, costs and insurance; risks and benefits; recovery and downtime; and what you can realistically expect from your final outcome.