Creating a pleasant, relaxed facial expression with a brow lift in Vancouver, WA
There is nothing more frustrating than being told that you look “grumpy,” exhausted or depressed when you’re in the best of spirits. Unfortunately, low-hanging eyebrows and a furrowed forehead tend to signal these unhappy emotions to the world, despite our best efforts to counteract them. The brow begins to droop and sag with age, and it may even interfere with vision if left unchecked. The brow lift procedure is ideal for restoring a youthful, well-rested aesthetic to the upper face.
It can improve the smile and the facial expression, creating a friendlier appearance that is more inviting and positive. A brow lift is often well combined with eyelid surgery for comprehensive facial rejuvenation. Dr. Gabriel can create an incision running from ear to ear within the hairline, or he can operate through the same incisions used in an upper lid blepharoplasty. In any case, scarring is minimized and results are beautifully natural.
Benefits of a brow lift may include…
- A more pleasant facial expression
- Reduction in wrinkles, fine lines, creases and folds
- A brighter smile
- Improved self-confidence in one’s image
- A better first impression, both socially and professionally
- Treatment can be personalized to your goals
- Long-lasting results
- Natural-looking outcome
- Improvement in vision
Before and After GalleryView All
Am I a good candidate for a brow lift?
If you experience any of the following symptoms, or are just unhappy with the appearance of your eyebrows and forehead in any way, you may be a good candidate for the procedure:
- Brows that sag below the rim of the eye socket
- Brows that interfere with vision
- Brows that are too close to the eyelids
- Wrinkles and furrows in the forehead
- A facial expression that falsely telegraphs anger, fatigue or sadness
- You feel self-conscious about your appearance
Dr. Gabriel suggests that brow lift patients be:
- In good health, both physically and emotionally
- Free from any major medical issues that could limit treatment
- Non-smokers, or willing to quit prior to surgery
- Willing to follow Dr. Gabriel’s instructions before and after surgery
- Realistic in their expectations for improvement rather than perfection
[Click to View]Gallery
Types of brow lifts
This procedure is performed using a small, tubular camera that allows Dr. Gabriel a high degree of precision and accuracy. Incisions are well-camouflaged within the hairline.
Also known as the “mini brow lift,” this procedure utilizes a shorter incision that is appealing to those concerned about scarring. It may have the added benefit of lowering the hairline slightly, an advantage for certain male clients.
During a coronal brow lift, an incision is made that extends from one ear to the other within the scalp. This approach will be appropriate for those who require a significant amount of lifting in the upper face.
Here, the corners of the eyes are elevated, reducing “hooding” of the eyes. A temple lift can achieve elegant, nuanced results, and can also help reduce the condition known as “crow’s feet” around the eyes.