Streamlining the abdomen with a transformative tummy tuck procedure
If you’re like many of our clients, you’ve worked your hardest to slim and tone the belly through exercise and dieting, but those methods just haven’t produced the desired results. No number of abdominal crunches seem to create the six-pack you desire.
If this is the case, it may be time to consider undergoing a cosmetic intervention. An abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, can flatten the stomach, reducing that unsightly bulge and trimming your torso for a more flattering, youthful aesthetic. Dr. Gabriel is known for performing one of the best tummy tucks in Portland.
The tummy tuck procedure has become among the most popular and successful body contouring options for both men and women of all ages. Dr. Gabriel understands how unique each client is, and meticulously tailors his approach to accomplish your personal goals and complement your anatomy.
Before and After
Benefits of a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) include…
- A firmer, slimmer abdomen
- A more youthful-looking aesthetic
- Boost in self-confidence
- Better fit in swimwear and clothing
- Better posture
- Reduction in hernia risk
- Increased stamina and energy
- Reduction in stress urinary incontinence
- Excellent addition to a mommy makeover or full body lift
Who is a good candidate for a tummy tuck in Portland?
If you are in the Portland or Vancouver, WA area and find that you are frustrated with how your stomach looks and have exhausted non-surgical methods, an abdominoplasty may be the solution for your needs. Dr. Gabriel will help to determine if a tummy tuck is right for you during your confidential consultation.
In general, he suggests that patients be:
- In good health, both physically and emotionally
- At or close to your ideal weight
- Free from major medical conditions that may impede recovery
- Non-smoking, or willing to quit at least 30 days prior to surgery
- In possession of realistic expectations for improvement rather than perfection
It’s important to note that while a tummy tuck will help to streamline and shape your lower torso, it is not a weight loss solution and it isn’t a good method of addressing obesity. A private consultation with Dr. Gabriel will be the best method of assessing whether a tummy tuck in Portland is right for you.
What is the tummy tuck procedure?
A tummy tuck in Portland can be performed in 1-2 hours, depending on the extent of corrections needed. More thorough tummy tucks can take between 3-4 hours. Dr. Gabriel will inform you about the procedure, the time it should take to complete, and what corrections will be needed to achieve optimal results. The usual tummy tuck procedure will involve the following steps:
- General anesthesia is administered
- Incisions are placed at or below the panty line
- Weakened muscles of the abdomen are tightened
- Excess skin is removed
- Liposuction may be used to remove excess fat from the flanks
- The incisions are closed
What should I expect during the recovery?
After the procedure, you will have compression bandages to aid with healing and to reduce swelling. Drainage tubes may be needed in the early stages of healing. These tubes are removed in the first week to ten days after surgery, depending on how your body heals. It is helpful to have someone to help you with household tasks for the first few days following a tummy tuck. You can expect to need two-three weeks off work or other activities depending on activity levels.
What should I Do to Enhance my Results?
There will be post-surgery instructions to follow during this time to ensure that you heal correctly and to enhance your results. These instructions may include:
- Avoid lifting anything over 5 lbs. to avoid straining the incision sites – including children and pets!
- Do not take any blood-thinning supplements or medications 7 days prior to surgery.
- If you quit smoking before the procedure, continue to avoid smoking throughout your recovery.
- Go for gentle, short walks, as you feel able to (this helps to improve circulation, enhance healing, and reduce swelling).
- Drink plenty of water and avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid eating very salty food.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or activities for at least six to eight weeks after surgery. You can return to these activities after Dr. Gabriel gives you the okay.
When will I see the results?
You should see the results of your tummy immediately after surgery, although you will be unable to stand up straight in the first stage of recovery. You will need to wait for any swelling to subside and healing to occur before the full results are visible. Your figure will appear firmer, more sculpted, without a bulging tummy zone, and will continue to improve up to a year.
Dr. Gabriel is the best!! So skilled and talented! I will be a patient for life and go to Dr. Gabriel anytime I have a need. Dr. Gabriel did my breasts, tummy tuck, and butt lift and it all turned out beautiful! I can’t thank him enough!! Worth every penny!!I.R.
[Click to View]Gallery
What is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
Many clients are interested in learning more about the mini tummy tuck, which has a shorter scar than the traditional full tummy tuck, and requires less downtime. A mini tummy tuck is a procedure to address abdominal bulging below the belly button for a flatter stomach.
Rest assured that Dr. Gabriel will leave the belly button intact and create incisions that are well-hidden in the bikini line.
Before and After GalleryView All
How can I get started with an abdominoplasty procedure?
Clients who desire a slim, toned, beach-ready abdomen can contact Dr. Gabriel today to learn more about the tummy tuck procedure in Portland, OR and its many benefits. During your initial session, Dr. Gabriel will take all the time needed to learn about your desires for improvement in your physique, and to review your medical and surgical history.
He will answer all your questions in detail, going over such important topics as financing, insurance and costs for your tummy tuck in Vancouver, WA; recovery and downtime; risks and advantages; and what you can realistically expect from your final outcome.
Why should I choose Dr. Allen Gabriel
for a Tummy Tuck in Portland?
Dr. Allen Gabriel is a board-certified plastic surgeon with decades of experience. Dr. Gabriel will craft a custom treatment plan for your specific concerns. A tummy tuck can be life-changing – you will have a slim, contoured abdomen, free from loosened muscles and excess skin.
Tummy Tuck in Portland, OR — Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prepare for a tummy tuck?
To prepare for a tummy tuck, you need to do the following:
- Avoid certain medications and supplements that thin the blood for a specified period before your surgery
- If you smoke, you must quit 6 weeks before surgery
- Create a post-surgery care plan that provides for any childcare, someone to drive you to and from the clinic, and a trusted friend or family member to assist you during the first days of your recovery.
Does a tummy tuck get rid of stretch marks?
Stretch marks can be removed during surgery when they appear in the lower section of the abdomen. Other stretch marks may appear smoother.
What are the risks?
A tummy tuck is an invasive surgical procedure that has the same risks as many other surgical procedures. These include infection, bruising, swelling, and bleeding in the treatment area. Other risks include numbness or nerve damage. Dr. Gabriel will discuss the risks with you during your consultation.
Should I wait until after I am finished having children?
You should wait until after you have finished having children, as pregnancy can alter the results of your tummy tuck. If you become pregnant, you may require a revision tummy tuck to restore a firm, sculpted look to your abdomen.
Will there be any noticeable scarring?
There will be a scar at or below the panty line that should not be noticeable when you are wearing a swimsuit or underwear. The length of the scar varies. A mini-tummy tuck has shorter scars, but in either case, the incisions lines fade and are not visible when wearing revealing clothing.